An Overview of the Banking Simulation
How does a banking business work in the face of conflicting demands from customers, competitors, and central banks? What influence does the central bank interest have on a bank’s business strategy? What is the importance of core capital for growth and how can you manage it? What investments should you make to attract and retain customers?
In the Banking Simulation, your objective as director is to maximize the market value of your company over a period of five years. You have an opportunity to develop a wide range of credit and deposit products as well as services. The success of your products depends on your marketing efforts and the impact of interest margins, refinancing costs, and operating costs – all must be balanced to be successful in this dynamic and competitive market.
The Banking Simulation includes the following components:
- Proven treasury model
- Multiple play options for different audiences
- Single player or team learning
- Classroom, virtual, large event options
- Front-line to executive levels
- Easy to tailor or customize
- Fun and engaging for peer learning
From the Banking Simulation, participants learn the complexities of today’s banking business. Choosing between strong growth or cautious expansion strategy at lower risk, finding a balance between deposit business and credit products, and developing high quality banking services for customers are just some of the challenges faced.
Participants in the Banking Simulation will:
- Manage a retail/commercial portfolio
- Balance opportunities to establish growth/risk targets
- Work to align interest rates, marketing, staffing, and investments to achieve business outcomes
- Manage client, competitive, and central bank pressures
- Manage core capital ratio in keeping with current Basel III regulations
- Determine where and how to access or invest additional funds
- Manage risk appropriately to comply with regulations
- Report back to shareholders
- Address curveballs and uncertainties modelled to reflect industry dynamics
Additional modules for managing people, staffing/HR, and leadership are available.
We would be delighted to present a proposal of estimated costs once the above variables are known. We will work with your needs and budget to create an ideal solution. Contact us today!